[mythtv-users] VAAPI / OpenGL and myth 0.26 - black screen on playback

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Fri Oct 4 10:36:13 UTC 2013

Hello George,

Friday, October 4, 2013, 12:13:11 AM, you wrote:

> On 2013-10-03, at 12:54 PM, Andrey Zhunev wrote:

> This is the frontend playing an mpeg2 file:
> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=W3Tn1R3V and this is mythavtest
> playing a ted talk which is h.264:
> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=a3unGPyj

Interesting... I see that in your case the Sync to VBlank state
couldn't be determined either. But then the frontend continues, whilst
in my case it falls back to Qt...

> It sounded like you were installing drivers willy nilly from
> different repos and probably you now have half of this hand half of
> that. Personally I would uninstall all the X stuff, pick the repo
> that’s normal/tested for your distribution, and then reinstall all
> the X binaries but this time getting only the ones that were built to work with each other.

Yes, you're right. In fact, I used to use NVidia GT220 before, with
proprietary NVidia drivers. Then I took it out, and got all this mess
with the built-in Intel video.

I reinstalled all the xorg-* packages. Also the output of 'glxinfo'
contains some interesting details. Full output is here:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8ucGapak

From what I see there, the system still tries to use 'NV-GLX' -
something related to NVidia. The 'client glx' is also not clear:
'client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation'

There are definitely some leftovers from NVidia driver. But I don't
know what else I should reinstall in order to get a clean system.

Maybe I will just get back to using my NVidia card. After all, I don't
have a major reason not to use it.

> P.S. As an aside, and you may have already answered this elsewhere,
> what packages do you have for glx libraries? This is what I have on my debian stable box:

> libgl1-mesa-glx/wheezy uptodate 8.0.5-4+deb7u2
> libva-glx1/wheezy uptodate 1.0.15-4
> libxcb-glx0/wheezy uptodate 1.8.1-2+deb7u1

I guess we have totally different package names... Here's what I have
installed:

# rpm -qa |grep -i gl
mesa-libGLU-8.0.5-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
xorg-x11-drv-glint-1.2.8-3.el6.x86_64
pygtk2-libglade-2.16.0-3.el6.x86_64
spice-glib-0.14-7.el6_4.3.x86_64
freeglut-2.6.0-1.el6.x86_64
taglib-devel-1.6.1-1.1.el6.x86_64
glib-1.2.10-33.el6.x86_64
glibc-2.12-1.107.el6_4.4.x86_64
avahi-glib-0.6.25-12.el6.x86_64
mesa-libGL-8.0.5-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
taglib-1.6.1-1.1.el6.x86_64
mesa-libGLU-devel-8.0.5-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
glx-utils-9.0-0.8.el6_4.3.x86_64
pulseaudio-libs-glib2-0.9.21-14.el6_3.x86_64
NetworkManager-glib-0.8.1-43.el6.x86_64
glibc-devel-2.12-1.107.el6_4.4.x86_64
glibmm24-2.22.1-1.el6.x86_64
libglade2-2.6.4-3.1.el6.x86_64
glib2-2.22.5-7.el6.x86_64
poppler-glib-0.12.4-3.el6_0.1.x86_64
glib2-devel-2.22.5-7.el6.x86_64
mesa-libGL-devel-8.0.5-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
glibc-common-2.12-1.107.el6_4.4.x86_64
PackageKit-glib-0.5.8-21.el6.x86_64
libgssglue-0.1-11.el6.x86_64
perl-Class-Singleton-1.4-6.el6.noarch