[mythtv-users] CentOS 6.4 and MythTV 0.27

Stephen Collier judithc at bigpond.net.au
Fri Oct 4 01:39:27 UTC 2013

On 4/10/2013 2:03 AM, Andrey Zhunev wrote:
> Hello Kirk,
>
> Thursday, October 3, 2013, 5:46:45 PM, you wrote:
>

>> On 10/3/2013 1:05 AM, Andrey Zhunev wrote:
>>> I would like to report a success running MythTV 0.27 on CentOS 6.4.
>>>
>>> I used to compile MythTV 0.26 from source, so I had most of the
>>> dependencies already installed. I just had to add the Qt4.8, which is
>>> a prerequisite for 0.27. The Qt was compiled from sources as well.
>>> For those who will repeat my path, don't forget to add '-dbus'
>>> option while configuring the new Qt, so that it compiles with QtDBus.
>>>
>>> Everything went smooth, and I have MythTV 0.27 running for several
>>> hours now.
>>>
>>> The only issue I have is OpenGL / VAAPI does not work with a built-in
>>> Intel video adapter. As stated in another thread, I get no video at
>>> all. But I suspect that to be a driver-related issue and it was
>>> present in 0.26 for me as well.
>>> I tried to find out what is wrong there, but I'm running out of ideas,
>>> so I am likely to put my NVidia GT220 back in, and use VDPAU (as it
>>> worked great in 0.26).
>>>

>>> Thanks a lot to Myth Devs for this great software!
>>>
>> Were you (And Stephan) using Axel's 0.26 Myth packages or your own
>> before you moved to 0.27. There was a previous report of problems with
>> 0.26 on CentOS 6.
> I was previously compiling 0.26 from source, and it worked great
> (my mythbackend is running 24x7x365).
>
> There was (is?) an issue of mythbackend 0.26 locking up shortly after
> start, discussed here: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10265
> But it is solved by downgrading qtwebkit, as I described in the
> comments to the ticket.
>
> I also had another issue of mythfrontend locking up in some cases
> when video playback is put on pause. But it was specific to one of my
> systems only, and I never saw it on other systems (I also have a
> stand-alone frontend machine that was never affected by this problem).
>
> Other than that, 0.26 worked great since day 1 and up to upgrade to
> 0.27 yesterday night.

I was using rebuilt 0.26 from modified 0.25 spec rpms and then using
Axels 0.26 rpms when they came on line. I have since used Axel's F19
0.27 srpms and rebuilt for EL6.4. I have had to create a qt48 rpms set
in the same way as Axel's qt47 series. These seem to work fine - I've
been running them on SL Linux 6.4 both x86_64 and i686 for the last few
days. I have sent the details with spec files to Axel. The rpms are
compliled with qtwebkit from the qt48 rpms and I've had no problems with
frontend lockups.

Let me know if you want any more information.

Cheers
Stephen