[mythtv-users] CentOS 6.4 and MythTV 0.27

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Thu Oct 3 16:03:20 UTC 2013

Hello Kirk,

> On 10/3/2013 1:05 AM, Andrey Zhunev wrote:
>> I would like to report a success running MythTV 0.27 on CentOS 6.4.
>>
>> I used to compile MythTV 0.26 from source, so I had most of the
>> dependencies already installed. I just had to add the Qt4.8, which is
>> a prerequisite for 0.27. The Qt was compiled from sources as well.
>> For those who will repeat my path, don't forget to add '-dbus'
>> option while configuring the new Qt, so that it compiles with QtDBus.
>>
>> Everything went smooth, and I have MythTV 0.27 running for several
>> hours now.
>>
>> The only issue I have is OpenGL / VAAPI does not work with a built-in
>> Intel video adapter. As stated in another thread, I get no video at
>> all. But I suspect that to be a driver-related issue and it was
>> present in 0.26 for me as well.
>> I tried to find out what is wrong there, but I'm running out of ideas,
>> so I am likely to put my NVidia GT220 back in, and use VDPAU (as it
>> worked great in 0.26).
>>

>> Thanks a lot to Myth Devs for this great software!
>>

> Were you (And Stephan) using Axel's 0.26 Myth packages or your own
> before you moved to 0.27. There was a previous report of problems with
> 0.26 on CentOS 6.

I was previously compiling 0.26 from source, and it worked great
(my mythbackend is running 24x7x365).

There was (is?) an issue of mythbackend 0.26 locking up shortly after
start, discussed here: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10265
But it is solved by downgrading qtwebkit, as I described in the
comments to the ticket.

I also had another issue of mythfrontend locking up in some cases
when video playback is put on pause. But it was specific to one of my
systems only, and I never saw it on other systems (I also have a
stand-alone frontend machine that was never affected by this problem).

Other than that, 0.26 worked great since day 1 and up to upgrade to
0.27 yesterday night.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey