[mythtv-users] 0.27: differences between two builds

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Oct 2 16:25:13 UTC 2013

Hi:  I've been running 0.27 on my laptop for a few weeks, and yesterday
installed it on my main box.  I'm puzzled by the differences that I see.

Both builds were from Richard Shaw's SRPM of 19 Sept; the laptop running
SL6 with extensions, the main box running Fedora 18.  Both have
mythcenter-wide, usually running in a kde-managed 1024x576 window.

On the laptop the WatchRecordings screen looks essentially unchanged
from 0.26; when I fired up the main box that screen was virtually
unreadable because of a FanArt background, which I have disabled by
editing /usr/share/mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide/recordings-ui.xml, as
suggested recently here.

But there are other differences: I now have a 'disk usage' indicator,
the recording starttime is quoted from the published schedule instead of
system activity, no endtime is shown, some of the thumbnails are clearly
download-based, and scrolling in the left-hand panel no longer goes in
both directions from the starting point.

The new screen is (now) crisp and attractive but I feel little need for
the artwork downloads and preferred the old timing info and scrolling.
Maybe I'll grow into it, but mainly I'm puzzled by the fact that the
differences exist.  I haven't yet compared the theme files.

John P

2013-10-02 16:08:35.255404 C  mythfrontend version: tag: v0.27 [317d5b7]
www.mythtv.org
2013-10-02 16:08:35.255416 C  Qt version: compile: 4.8.5, runtime: 4.8.5