[mythtv-users] Weekly recording

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Oct 2 04:53:07 UTC 2013

On 02.10.2013 06:28, Phill Edwards wrote:

>     It is deliberate.  In 0.27, the record weekly (and daily) options are
>     not offered for normal recording rules.  This is to simplify things
>     for the common cases.  The options are still available for search and
>     manual recording rules.  In the OPs case, he'll probably need to
>     create a custom search rule.
>
> Gee, that sounds a bit of a bummer. I also use the "Record Weekly" to
> let the system work out when to record something if there is a conflict
> and it's going to be shown at another time. While it might simplify
> things for some people (though it didn't seem very difficult in the
> first place) it's going to cause problems for quite a lot of other folks.

The way of the MythTV is to go and fix your guide. Then the scheduler
can make better decisions. For NZ that may be as simple as switching
from the transmitted EIT guide to the transmitted MHEG5 guide (whatever
that is). E.g. http://code.google.com/p/mheg2xmltv/

PS: Yes I do know that you will be sticking out your head for it to be
chopped off if you provide a free guide in NZ, so I'd try the above
solution first. http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#New_Zealand

Regards,
Karl