[mythtv-users] Weekly recording

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Oct 2 04:03:25 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 02:29:53PM +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:

> >> As detailed above - I get 3 copies then since I can't rely on subtitle
> >> here in NZ
> >>

> >So are you saying the "find and record one weekly" option is gone in 0.27?
> >Maybe there's some custom SQL magic that lets you re-create this, but I
> >don't even know where to start on that. But if your duplicate matching
> >doesn't work, then how are you avoiding getting multiple copies now?
> >
> >Karl
>
> It seems that you can not create any new "Record one showing every
> week" rules, but any that are still in the database will still work,
> and if you open the rule, it does show the rule as being set to
> "Record one showing every week".  There is no filter option for
> "weekly".  So all the old rules are still working and recording only
> once a week, which is why no-one has noticed this before, but we are
> unable to create any new weekly rules.
>
> So, is this deliberate, or is it a bug?  Here in New Zealand, the
> "Record one showing every week" rules are necessary!

It is deliberate.  In 0.27, the record weekly (and daily) options are
not offered for normal recording rules.  This is to simplify things
for the common cases.  The options are still available for search and
manual recording rules.  In the OPs case, he'll probably need to
create a custom search rule.

David
--
David Engel