[mythtv-users] Odd filespace issue

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 20:14:13 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> [...]

Unless I am mistaken(*) MythTV actually uses either fdatasync
or fsync (depending on what is available).

And, in any case, with various disk buffers/firmware in play,
nothing one does at the OS level necessarily matters at
the physical level (there are some disks (including SSDs)
that reportedly even ignore the flush the disk buffer
command in order to improve reported performance,
especially for benchmarks).

Gary

(*) I could easily be mistaken.