[mythtv-users] Pixelated recordings more common with HDHR Prime after 0.27 upgrade?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 26 16:47:59 UTC 2013

On 11/26/2013 11:39 AM, Tom Hayward wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Well, MythTV just dumps whatever data it's given, so if it's a problem with
>> the recording, it's a problem with something else (i.e. HDHR, antenna/cable
>> signal quality, ...).
> This ignores a problem that gave me pixelated recordings: hard disk contention.

No, it says, "if it's a problem with the recording, it's a problem with
something else."  I also asked the user to test with a different
player--ideally on a different computer--which would verify it's not a
playback/systemic problem.

I just didn't list all the other possibilities, yet, because I thought
it a waste of my time to do so without first verifying the
recording/video itself is good.  :)

(Not saying your reply isn't helpful--it is very helpful, and it may be
a (non-MythTV) systemic issues such as you described--but I had just
chosen to wait until the OP does some tests so that I had more
information on which to base my other guesses.  :)

Mike