[mythtv-users] Cablecard and mythtv (more)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 16:05:46 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM, John Baab <rhpot1991 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I second the idea of calling the Cable Card specific number, the main
> 800 doesn't do very well with Cable Cards at all.

And while that is usually good advice, the OP has
demonstrated (in a different thread) that this is not a
CableCARD activation issue but a case of bad
marking of the stream(s).  That is a different group
within Comcast entirely.  And one has to work it
entirely differently.  There is *nothing* that that
CableCARD activation CSRs can do to change
the stream marking.

On a good day, and if you know exactly the right
terms to use (which, I admit, may be limited to
those with engineering knowledge of cable
systems, and actually enjoy reading SCTE and
CableLabs specs), the CableCARD CSRs might
get you transferred to the appropriate group, but
because it is a local franchise issue, it will be an
exercise in long term "muzak on hold").

And while making that investment in working
with Comcast is (IMHO) the "right" thing to do,
I can understand someone choosing to throw
in the towel to just get things working.

Gary