[mythtv-users] Error: dtv_multiplex data is required for tuning

Jim lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com
Mon Nov 25 12:56:58 UTC 2013

On 11/23/2013 7:35 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 11/23/2013 11:32 AM, Lists wrote:
>> I already get channel 13. It is setup and works fine. Now trying to
>> add 13.2 and 13.3 (as 13_2 and 13_3)
>>
>> This is the error I see in the log when trying to record from it:
>> HDHRChan(10163F1A-0), Error: dtv_multiplex data is required for tuning
>
> Did you actually scan for them, or are you just trying to add channels
> through the channel editor?

I though I read on this list that when using Schedules Direct you never
need to scan for channels...

I'm using SD. Started there adding to the OTA lineup and saved it. Ran
the report to get the XML ID and added with the channel editor. Then ran
mythfilldatabase and the guide populated. I thought that was all. I will
run the scan.

I will be upgrading but not for a while. I'm going to build a more
powerful BE first.

Thanks!

--
Jim