[mythtv-users] starting with systemd was Who's running Myth on Arch, and what do you think?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 18:03:01 UTC 2013

On 11/23/2013 11:39 PM, James Linder wrote:
 > Bill I guess the key issue is that it does NOT start at boot time and DOES start after boot.
> The log is quite terse and succint: I'll try debug rather than info, but the issue is certainly devices not ready yet.
>
> 2013-11-24 13:17:02.624843 C [1040/1040] CoreContext main.cpp:116 (main) - Failed to init MythContext.
>
> Nothing else looks interesting.

Hi;

I did see your comment re boot/post boot startup. I was curious about
the HOME (or MYHTCONFDIR) setting that got lopped off your script,
since the directory/user would likely be different at startup and
command-line start.

Full disclosure, I'm a *buntu/Upstart user.

If you just want to prove your theory that there's something that isn't
available at boot time startup, then how 'bout adding an:

     ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 20

until you find the actual resource that's unavailable. I'll sign off
on this one since I don't use systemd, but would have pastebin'ed
the whole log (--loglevel debug is a good idea too.)

--
Bill