[mythtv-users] Special needs dad with MythTV hardware questions

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Sat Nov 23 22:39:49 UTC 2013

mythtv-users.jim-j at mamber.net wrote on Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 02:47:24PM -0600:
> Yeah, I’m playing the sympathy card right away.  I’m a special needs
> dad of a girl with Dravet syndrome (scientifically speaking this falls
> into the craptacular category of pediatric illnesses).  Dealing with
> her unique and challenging situation (along with my three other
> normally abnormal kids, work, etc.) leaves me with no free time.  This
> why I’m hoping someone will take pity on my and answer a few basic
> MythTV related questions for me instead of just telling me to go
> research it myself.  I don’t have time to properly research this
> myself (like I would like to do).  If I no one is willing to throw me
> a bone I may have to go through the shameful process of buying a Tivo
> Roamio instead. :’(

If you truly don't have any free time, I'd consider looking into other options
besides MythTV. I love my setup, but I do consider it a hobby more than an
appliance. I'd still encourage you to try it out, but I think you should go in
with the expectation that you'll need to spend some quality time with it,
especially at first.