[mythtv-users] After 7y5m running, time to start from scratch after update to .27?

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Sat Nov 23 15:23:56 UTC 2013

On 23.11.2013 16:16, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 22 November 2013 21:16, Matthias Thyroff <lists at thyroff.net> wrote:
>
>> Is my mythconverg overloaded? It is 2.0GiB in size. It resides on an SSD.
>> The channel table is maybe a bit big, 3280 items. Definitely too big for my
>> use case, many channels are duplicatedand I am not sure, why, I am only
>> using less than 100 in my frontends. For example, I have 28 duplicates of
>> the channel RTL from source 3, all of them get their channel data from one
>> xmltv run in the early morning (I still start mythfilldatabase from a cron
>> script; I never straightened out the method of running it via housekeeping
>> which was, I think, introduced with 0.25. I also still start
>> optimize_mythdb.pl every time after the mythfilldatabase run).
> You really need to sort out your video sources and channels
> configuration - this doesn't mean throwing away your entire database.
>
> As you mentioned above that you populate your listings via cron (and
> not running your grabber through mythbackend) please could you post
> your cron script - there have been changes to the mythfilldatabase
> command line arguments recently and it would help to rule out your
> script as part of the problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Hi Nick,

thanks for your reply. The cron script just contains these three lines:

su mythtv -c "/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase -q --max-days 14 -- --days 14"
su mythtv -c "/usr/local/bin/optimize_mythdb.pl"
su mythtv -c "find /tmp -maxdepth 1 -user mythtv -mtime +2 -exec rm -r
{} \;"

Would I have to create a new video source to transfer the grabber start
into the backend?

Cheers,

Matthias