[mythtv-users] After 7y5m running, time to start from scratch after update to .27?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Nov 23 15:11:58 UTC 2013

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 14:04:03 +0100, you wrote:

>On 23.11.2013 02:21, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 22:16:25 +0100, you wrote:

>> Number of sources you have:
>>
>>    select count(sourceid) from videosource;
>3332

Is that just a mistyping - surely you do not have as many sources as
you have channels?

>> Number of sources that do not have any channel table entries (should
>> be 0):
>>
>>    select count(sourceid) from videosource v where sourceid not in
>> (select distinct sourceid from channel);
>0
>

>> Number of channel table entries:
>>
>>    select count(*) from channel;
>3332
>

>> Number of different callsigns in channel table:
>>
>>    select count(distinct callsign) from channel;
>
>326
>

>> Number of channel table entries that do not have a sourceid in
>> videosource (should be 0):
>>
>>    select count(*) from channel where sourceid not in (select sourceid
>> from videosource);
>
>0
>

>> Number of channel table entries where the callsign is the same as in
>> another channel table entry (Normally should be 0 if you have only one
>> source and no +1 channels):
>>
>>    select count(distinct callsign) from channel c1 where (select
>> count(callsign) from channel c2 where c1.callsign=c2.callsign)>1;
>
>71
>
>I do have two sources though (of which one does not have a tuner card
>anymore, terrestrial), and I might use duplicate callsigns in SD and HD
>versions of the same channels (not sure).

Having a source which does not have a tuner card assigned is not a
valid configuration and I believe has been known to cause strange
problems.

>I am not sure about what you
>refer to with the "+1 channels".

+1 channels are where a channel is re-broadcast on a second channel
one hour later than the first.  In New Zealand, the main channel is HD
and the +1 version is SD.