[mythtv-users] Who's running Myth on Arch, and what do you think?

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Fri Nov 22 18:40:08 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:35:41PM -0600, Larry Finger wrote:
> I certainly do not want to contribute to any part of starting another flame
> war on systemd, and will keep any editorial comments to myself. Are the
> systemd service files for mythbackend and mysql available somewhere? I just
> upgraded my mythtv host to use systemd, and I'm stuck with a real kluge for
> getting those two started. Thus far, searches have not shown me any
> candidates.

These are from my Arch Myth backend:

mythbackend.service

[Unit]
Description=MythTV Backend
After=network.target mysqld.service

[Service]
Type=simple
Environment=HOME=/var/lib/mythtv
User=mythtv
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mythbackend --logpath /var/log/mythtv
ExecStop=/usr/bin/mythshutdown --setscheduledwakeup
#ExecStop=/usr/bin/mythshutdown --shutdown

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

And from mariadb's mysqld.service

[Unit]
Description=MariaDB database server
After=syslog.target

[Service]
User=mysql
Group=mysql

ExecStart=/usr/bin/mysqld --pid-file=/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/mysqld-post

Restart=always
PrivateTmp=true

[Install]