[mythtv-users] Entry missing from Recordings list

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Nov 22 15:24:17 UTC 2013

On 11/21/2013 11:55 PM, Rob Jensen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a predicament where Myth 0.26 recorded a show, but did not
> create an entry in the recordings list.  Is there an easy way to
> insert an entry into the recordings list?  The myth.rebuilddb.pl
> script does not appear to be included with 0.26 and I'm getting a
> "Can't locate Time/Format.pm" error when running
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth.rebuilddb.pl

Missing perl dependencies can always be found on the CPAN site;

http://search.cpan.org/

Go here for the one you need:

http://search.cpan.org/~roode/Time-Format-1.12/lib/Time/Format.pm

The download link is on the right hand side of the page. In a console,
then run:
tar -xvf Time-Format-1.12.tar.gz
cd Time-Format-1.12.tar.gz

and read the README file. The usual install method of any perl module
from CPAN is
perl Makefile.PL
make
[make test if you really want to, it is rarely needed]
make install

NOTE:  there are a couple of different rebuild scripts floating around.
At least one of them puts all the correct entries into the mythconverg
database *except* the filesize. So myth does not 'see' the entry.

This fragment of code will read the filesize from an 'ls -al' of
"TMPFILE"  (whichever video folder you are working on) and push the
filesize into the correct spot in the db.

for file in `cat $TMPFILE`; do
     SIZE=`ls -l $file | awk '{print $5}'`
     echo "   File  $file  is  $SIZE bytes"
     mysql -u $USER -p$PASSWORD $DB << EOF
       update recorded set filesize = '$SIZE' where basename = '$file';
EOF
done

Geoff

              R. Geoffrey Newbury