[mythtv-users] Mythburn.pl errors out and quits

Joseph DeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 21 15:57:29 UTC 2013

I did a recent upgrade from .26 to .27 trying to correct a dvd burning
issue. Although this didnt fix the issue the new .27 is pretty nice.
What appears to happen is that mythburn.py seems to error out and stop.
Here is the mythburn.log that shows the same error even before the
upgrade. Has anyone ran into this and/or can give me some pointers as to
what to do?

mythburn.log:
Using simple_fix_rtl
mythburn.py (0.1.20131119-1) starting up...
script path:/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts
myth share path:/usr/share/mythtv
passed job file: /var/lib/mytharchive/temp/config/mydata.xml
passed progress log file: /var/lib/mytharchive/temp/logs/progress.log
mythburn.py (0.1.20131119-1) starting up...
Found 6 CPUs
Obtaining MythTV settings from MySQL database for hostname mythtv2013
temppath: /var/lib/mytharchive/temp/work
logpath:  /var/lib/mytharchive/temp/logs
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5292,
in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5179,
in main
    drivespeed = int(defaultsettings.get("MythArchiveDriveSpeed", "0"))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
coffee at mythtv2013:~$

Have to admit, Not a lot to go on but this has been a problem for some
time. I did swap out the dvd burner to make sure it wasnt some wierd
hardware issue. This is running on Mythbuntu latest release.

Thank you in advance for any advice...

coffee