[mythtv-users] 0.27 Some recordings immediately show end of recording dialog box

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Nov 20 17:53:03 UTC 2013

On 11/20/13 11:24 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On the system I built for my parents, some recordings have been having
> the issue where immediately upon playing the recording the dialog box
> that appears at the end of the recording shows immediately. the
> recording file size is appropriate (multiple GB), a screen grab for
> the recordings screen is shown, and an image appears at playback.

Two suggestions:

1. Instead of just clicking Play, try using right arrow followed by
"Play from..." and then choose "Beginning". On several occasions I've
seen the same thing happen when a bookmark is saved right near the end
and either commercial auto-skipping is enabled or the bookmark falls
within a cut list region at the end of the recording.

2. Try rebuilding the seek table:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable