[mythtv-users] Multiple ODD drives

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 00:20:41 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 20 Nov 2013 11:15:24 Igor Cicimov wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Michael T. Dean
>
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> >> The decision about which drive to use, or even whether there are multiple
> >> drives to be used, depends on the use of udev (libudev) and the dbus
> >> udisks
> >> service. If either udev or dbus
> >
> > or udisks (which is a separate package).
>
> Maybe I haven't made my self clear enough. I don't have any problem
> mounting the drives or playing that is all working fine. My question is
> simple, if I have a disk in the both drives how do I tell mythtv which one
> to play when I  press "Watch a disc" from the menu? By default it always
> goes to the first one, which in this case is /dev/dvd. What if I want to
> play from the second one /dev/dvd1? Hope my question is more clear now.

No we understood. What we're saying is that if just one drive is detected as
having a disc in it, then this drive is used. If both drives have a disc then
a menu is displayed asking which disc you want to play. This functionality
depends on it correctly determining whether there are discs in the drives,
which in turn depends on udisks et al correctly reporting this information to
mythfrontend.
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV