[mythtv-users] Multiple ODD drives

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 14:33:05 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 20 Nov 2013 01:12:32 Igor Cicimov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking for multiple optical drives support option in mythtv (I'm
> on latest 0.27) in terms of playback and seams I can't get around this
> problem. In case I have multiple drives, or as in my case one DVD and one
> BD how can I specify which drive to play from when I go to "Watch A Disc"
> menu? I can see an option for specifying dvd and bluray device in the
> fontend multimedia settings whcih I have done but when I press the above
> mentioned menu it always tries to open /dev/dvd. Am I missing something?

The decision about which drive to use, or even whether there are multiple
drives to be used, depends on the use of udev (libudev) and the dbus udisks
service. If either udev or dbus are missing from the system, or MythTV was
compiled without support, then MythTV is effectively blind to the available
drives and all associated functionality ceases to work. Mythfrontend falls
back to /dev/dvd as a last resort.

>From the description, this sounds like the problem here. If you are using
packages they have been compiled incorrectly.
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV