[mythtv-users] mythmote Unable to Connect

Ian Barton lists at wilkesley.net
Mon Nov 18 09:13:02 UTC 2013

I am trying to set up mythmote on my Android phone to connect to a
frontend. I can get the remote interface to work on the by ssh using
netcat localhost 6546. However, mythmote complains about an unknown host.

The ip addresses of my frontends are allocated by my dhcp server, so I
have added the server name (myth3.bantercat.co.uk) in Mythmote's setup.
Reverse lookups do work ie I can ping myth3.bantercat.co.uk from other
computers on my network and the port is not blocked by my firewall, as I
can netcat myth3.bantercat.co.uk 6546 from other computers in the network.

Ian.