[mythtv-users] How to start MythTV Backend?

Stefan Jones stefan_jones at comcast.net
Sun Nov 17 21:47:43 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
I 'll second the suggestion to post logs. Additional notes: mythbackend, when properly installed, is a service which should start automatically. It requires mysql -- another service -- to also be up and running. After my last install mythbackend was failing -- timing out -- because it couldn't find mysql. If I started it manually it came up and stayed up. I eventually added a short sleep statement in the mythbackend service script in /etc/init.d (or whatever passes for that in Fedora 19).