[mythtv-users] Archive to DVD - time format error

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Nov 17 20:53:10 UTC 2013

On 17/11/13 18:45, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 10:17:03AM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 17/11/13 05:58, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
>>
>> So it has failed immediately while trying to run mythtranscode
>> --mpeg2 on a 1920*1080 recording.  It hasn't told you the command
>> line it's using, and it hasn't returned an error and printed 'failed
>> to run'.
>
> Right - it's failed to find the recording -- the file -- because of the
> failure to match the date string. So it didn't attempt run at all.
>

>> I have commented many times on the problems that an occasional user
>> of MythArchive is likely to face.  You could try to find out what
>> the command will be before it is issued; there are several places
>> now in mythburn.py where that is done.
>>
>> However, I have a confession to make.  My instructions for patching
>> mythburn.py were incomplete; they didn't follow RW's patch. Try
>> that.
>>
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11758#comment:2
>
> Your original instructions said to change 3 instances of
> rec.starttime.isoformat() to rec.starttime.utcisoformat() - this ticket
> suggests a subset of that, changing only one. I tried it; it does the
> same thing.  It fails to find the recording based on a failure to match
> the time string, the difference being as before that the time string has
> no timezone offset on it. (Same as I reported earlier after the broader
> patch.)  i.e.:
>
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/methodheap.py", line 676, in searchRecorded
>      return ('recorded.%s=?' % key, datetime.duck(value), 0)
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/utility/dt.py", line 435, in duck
>      raise TypeError("time data '%s' does not match supported formats"%t)
> TypeError: time data '
>          2013-11-14T23:14:00
>      ' does not match supported formats
>

> As compared to last night's
>
>>     raise TypeError("time data '%s' does not match supported formats"%t)
>> TypeError: time data '
>>          2013-11-14T18:14:00-05:00
>>      ' does not match supported formats
>
> The two time strings are identical, really, and the parsing of them should
> yield the same result. I wonder, do I have a problem in my dt.py ?
>
> Thanks again,
> mm

The strings are defining the same time, but in different formats. Both
are unacceptable.  I'm inclined to believe that without the linefeed one
of them would be ok; but I don't know where it's coming from.

RW's original patch and the simple version that I first suggested are
different; for example, I didn't modify the 'import' rules, and I didn't
actually define utcstarttime. IIRC two reports have said that a simple
version had worked, and one said that RW's version, by itself, had
not....

I think we need to know exactly what parameters are being passed in the
mythtranscode call.  The log doesn't show that.

At around line 1751, immediately before 'result = runCommand(command)',
and aligned with it, insert

     write ("Running: %s XXX" % command )

Then try again :-)  The XXX is just an end marker.  And disable DVD
burning unless you're in need of coasters.

Cheers,

John