[mythtv-users] What is Proper CableCard for new HDHomerun Prime

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 18:19:19 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> Fair enough.  But if it were me in Myth Guy's shoes, there would still
> be a question of which comes first, the encryption of basic channels
> or the release of the 4-tuner transcoding model of the Prime.

Fair enough back at you.  However, if one is in NYC, the
answer is clear.  Encryption of basic (since it either has
already happened, or is happening shortly, in the boroughs).

The (new) CC enabled SD models are, at best, in CW102
(since the results of CW101 are known, and the new models
are not listed).  SD has been quiet regarding availability
dates of the new model (which I take to be a reaction to
the recollection of most people of a significant delay from
the announcement to availability of the previous model).
Various statement by the officers of SD have suggested
that the CC model availability will be after the US model,
which is scheduled for 2013/12/12 (at least according to
the Newegg release date).  There have been rumors of
early 2014Q1.  But there were also rumors of 2013Q3.
"No shipment before its time" says Orson Welles :-)

Gary