[mythtv-users] PVR-500's for sale?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 04:55:29 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 4:48 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> On 11/15/2013 10:12 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
>>>
>>> Setup a tuner farm...your own private Aereo :)
>>>

>> Only if you can afford to fight a lawsuit from Fox.  ;)
>
> As long as he keeps to the "your own private" part, I don't think
> there's anything Fox can do about it.

Anyone (including Fox) can always *file* a lawsuit.  And
the cost of being a pioneer is funding the lifestyles of the
(soon to be rich and famous) lawyers that defend you.  It
is always better to wait for the Supremes to rule (there are
different decisions in the 2nd and 9th circuits, which make
it likely the SCOTUS will take the case, although typically
they accept less than 1% of the petitions).

Gary