[mythtv-users] Marking a recording as `Watched`

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 16 04:40:10 UTC 2013

On 11/15/2013 06:57 PM, Joey Morris wrote:
> Andrew Stadt wrote on Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 05:32:31PM -0500:
>> I recently added a HDHR (non-prime) to my system and I have to say I
>> love it... don`t get too many channels OTA up here in central
>> Ontario, but not ready to move back into the urban environment yet,
>> so just one of the costs you have to live with.
>>
>> My wife noticed an oddity on the recorded programs screen.  When she
>> watches a recording which was recorded on one of my other tuners
>> (HDPVR(s), HVR1600, PVR150), you get a little 'eye' on the recorded
>> programs screen indicating which ones have been watched. When I
>> watch a recording (whether completed or in progress) which is
>> being/has been recorded on the HDHR it doesn't mark the recording as
>> 'watched' unless I specifically mark it as watched.  I really
>> haven't had sufficient time to try and track this one down yet, but
>> is this a known issue or just some oddity in my system?  Any logging
>> options you might suggest to reveal what is going on here?
>>
>> Version info:
>> MythTV Version : v0.28-pre-496-gb83e6052
>> MythTV Branch : master
>> Network Protocol : 78
>> Library API : 0.28.20131103-1
>> QT Version : 4.8.6
>> Options compiled in:
>>   linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss
>> using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
>> using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_frontend
>> using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto
>> using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
>> using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
>> using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11
>> using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_mythlogserver
>> using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
>> using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
>> using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libxml2
>>
>> and in case its relevant, currently using the mythbuntu theme, on
>> remote front-end(s) (no frontend on the MBE).
> Are you and your wife watching the recordings on different frontends? There is a
> setting to automatically mark recordings as watched if you've watched it close
> to the end, and I think the setting is frontend-specific.

Yes, it is.  And the "close to the end" is dependent on good seek and
duration information (i.e. it has to know you're close to the end).  So,
check the progress indicator before you exit on the HDHR and non-HDHR
recordings and see if you're just getting bad seek data or duration
information on the HDHR ones.

Mike