[mythtv-users] State of blu-ray support?

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Fri Nov 15 18:43:29 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-14 at 22:58 +0000, Simon Waldman wrote:
> On 13 November 2013 18:33, HP-mini <blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
>
>         Configure makemkv.
>         create library symlinks.
>         Insert BD & play..it is that simple..
>

> Fair enough - thank you.
>
> Blu-ray player ordered, we'll see what happens

Configuring makemkv:
- involves compiling, make install etc.
- Comes with good instructions.
- Minor complications if you build Qt from source.
- I do not know if the trial/beta version of makemkv libmmbd works.
Probably does but the expire/re-download/rebuild cycle happens right
when you (SWMBO) wants to watch something..

Symlinks:
- easy. check where your original libs are ../usr/lib/
or /usr/local/lib/
- "sudo ldconfig" could be needed, harmless anyway.

MythTV playback:
- requires a fixed filesystem mountpoint

Notes:
- all BD players will get their device keys revoked periodically..
So when revoked you need to upgrade to the latest genuine f/w.
When genuine f/w updates stop, you junk the drive or..
Read about possible firmware options on doom9. There may not be any
options for your h/w & those who know have become very protected of
themselves & info..

Revoked drives (std f/w) may still work using a VUK key database with
older BDs without BD+.