[mythtv-users] Odd problem with "suspend to RAM"

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Nov 14 21:49:23 UTC 2013

> Hi all, :)
>
> I set up my HTPC so that I can now turn it on/off (and vice versa) via
> remote control using S3 (suspend to RAM).
>
> There is however one small problem: when the HTPC wakes up from suspend
> I see the XFCE cursor (little white arrow) on top the frontend!!! :(
>
> This only happens when I use S3: if I boot (S1) or reboot everything
> works just fine.
>
> For the record I'm running an old MythBuntu 64-bit version (9.10) and
> also use MythWelcome.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get rid of this rather annoying issue?

Most likely, some script ran when it woke from sleep and stole the
focus.  You may need to write your own script to set the focus back to
the frontend app.

See: http://superuser.com/questions/60473/is-there-a-way-to-call-a-script-when-ubuntu-wakes-up-from-suspend-or-hibernate-m

Here is the command to change the focus back to the frontend:  wmctrl
-a MythTV Frontend

Good luck