[mythtv-users] State of blu-ray support?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Nov 13 15:01:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 11/13/2013 9:29 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> I think displays and cameras are more of the limiting factors than
>> storage capacity, don't you think?
>

> No.  We have light-field cameras and holographic displays.  You just need
> such a high volume of data to drive them, they're practical.

This must be some definition of the word "practical" with which I was
not previously familiar.

In any case, all of the holographic displays I've read about were
essentially experimental prototypes with ridiculously low resolutions
and high costs.

The difficulties with data volumes isn't so much the storage of the
data, but the ability to move the data around at the appropriate
rates.

Eric