[mythtv-users] Audio not working... What should I check?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Nov 11 16:48:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2013, at 8:33 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
>>>   Card: HDA Intel PCH
>>>   Chip: Intel PantherPoint HDMI
>>
>> Ok.  That means that PulseAudio is not active.
>
> Hmmm...  What would it say if PulseAudio WAS active?

Card: PulseAudio
Chip: PulseAudio

> With the SIX exceptions listed below, most of the bar graphs did show the "OO" characters you were looking for.

Ok, that's all good.  It's ok if your microphones are muted.  That's
not a problem for audio output.

> What does the "S/PD..." and so forth stand for?

You can google it.  I think it's Sony/Philips Digital Interface Format
or something like that.

> Should I change their modes from "OO" to "MM", or leave them alone?

Leave them.  Everything looks good as far as I can tell.

Try following the suggestions on this page:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture

under the heading "HDMI output does not work".

Eric