[mythtv-users] Australians: can you help me gather some data?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 09:02:19 UTC 2013

> The data I'm talking about is the Freeview EPG (the one that works only on
> their devices).
>
> For a while I have been using the EPG data to generate an xmltv file for
> mythfilldatabase, which has worked quite well. I am now doing a rewrite (in
> perl rather than c++) so that others can benefit.
>
> So, What I would like is a dump of the DSMCC data from your area. It
> shouldn't matter what channel you use; they all carry it here in WA.
> I've modified a version of rb-download to download the data and exit after
> no new data is found.
>
> https://github.com/thiakil/rb-download
> Hopefully the readme is detailed enough. I need the 3 folders it creates;
> cache, carousels, services. One they're tarred up (gz or bzip2 preferred)
> it should be a small file, direct email should be fine.
>
> It would also be helpful if you can provide me a copy of the channels.conf
> file (so I can see which channels your actually receive), and your region
> (e.g. nsw Sydney; qld regional, etc)

Hi Xander, I too would be glad to help, but you may be over-estimating
people's abilities to download and compile code. I have no idea how to
download all those files from github and hardly, hardly ever compile
anything. If you could make it a bit easier to get the software and run it
then you might get a bigger response.

Also, just thought I'd mention that Shepherd does a great job in providing
guide data in Australia, though you probably already know that.