[mythtv-users] Which DB tables are changed at setup?

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 20:39:06 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Am automating a MythTV install (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS/mythbuntu)  with Puppet.
 I want to capture the state of my UK DVB (combined backend/frontend) host,
for example Channels, DVB settings, Video Sources (EIT) etc.. post running
mythbackend setup, so that I can run it again.

A DB dump diff (before/after mythbackend setup) gives me some clues.  Is
there any doco about what the backend setup does?

By a process of possibly flawed deduction I think the following have
importance;

capturecard
cardinput
channel
channelgroupnames
channelscan
channelscan_channel
channelscan_dtv_multiplex
codecparams
dtv_multiplex
inputgroup
videosource

Is there any doco to confirm or has anyone done similar?

Ta

Greg