[mythtv-users] Also trying to set up on Comcast w/ HDHomerun Prime and CableCARD

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 10 17:24:24 UTC 2013

On 11/09/2013 07:50 PM, Stefan Jones wrote:

> [...]
If there are channels that are not listed in schedules direct you can
add them manually. Also you can do a scan on the HDHR with the HDHR
utility. After doing the scan the web interface shows what channels you
can get. If you select "Basic Channels" under "Channel lineup" you see
all of the unrestricted channels. If you add these manually you should
be able to receive them with mythtv (except the music choice!). In some
cases you may find that the channel number is mapped incorrectly in
Schedules Direct, in that case update the xmltvid in the channel
settings to get the programs.

In my case I saved time by creating a database script to add all
channels that were missing (i.e. those that were in the list from the
Basic Channels but not in my channel list). After that several of the
added channels were junk so I deleted them (e.g. the ones marked FEARd).

Peter