[mythtv-users] Anyone have binary RPMs for 0.27 build for Fedora?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Nov 10 17:14:50 UTC 2013

On 06/11/13 16:32, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 Nov 2013 10:05:08 Richard Shaw wrote:
>> Ok, looks like it's not my fault. I went back through the spec file and saw
>> the same thing, the vers_string was set correctly...
>
> If you're using an exported copy of the source but then applying patches on
> top of that you need to remove the EXPORTED_VERSION file.
>
> When I added that I didn't anticipate that packagers would thwart me by
> downloading the tarball for the 0.27 tag then diffing that against 0.27-fixes, to
> create a patch which then gets applied to the 0.27 source.
>
> I didn't expect something so fiendishly complicated, I just naively assumed
> they'd just use the 0.27-fixes tarball* from github  instead in which case
> EXPORTED_VERSION would have contained the correct version information and
> everything would have magically worked.
>
> * https://codeload.github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tar.gz/fixes/0.27

In the hope of simplifying future updates of my 'SL6' installation
I tried dropping this tarball into the SOURCES folder from the rpmfusion
SRPM, with what I hoped might be appropriate hacks, but the temporary
script that is run unpacks it into BUILD/mythtv-fixes-0.27 and looks for
the result in BUILD/mythtv-0.27

No doubt there's a simple fix, but I haven't found it yet.  Any
suggestions?  TIA

John P