[mythtv-users] Weekly recording

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 12:38:03 UTC 2013

On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 11:16:26 -0500
David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

[big snip]

> On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 09:08:21PM +1100, blind Pete wrote:
> > Filters are good.  Now to make them better...
> >
> > Is there a way to adjust the start time (and day) of the cycle?
>
> When creating a recording rule, go to the EPG and choose any program
> that starts at the desired time/day and press MENU.  Then press
> Recording Options and Custom Edit.  Finish creating the custom rule as
> desired.  If the RecordDaily or RecordWeekly recording types are
> chosen, the cycle will begin at that time/day.  There is currently no
> way to change the cycle start after the rule has been created.
>
> > There are three reasons for that.
> >
> > First, the user clicked on the wrong showing - having only
> > discovered the show late in the week.
> >
> > Second, sometimes programs change time slot.
> >
> > Third, often EIT data moves around by a couple of minutes as
> > preceding shows overrun, or run short, or I suspect, the
> > powers that be are deliberately making it hard for us.
>
> For cases when there is episode information, the This Time and This
> Day and Time filters are fuzzy and will match programs starting within
> 10 minutes of the configured time.

Why only when there is program information?  Surly it would be most
useful when there is no other way of determining duplicates?

Currently I have four rules for recording /Lateline/, all filtered
for "This Time"; 10:20pm, 10:26pm, 10:27, and 10:32pm.  I'll catch
the earliest occurrence soon.

> > How do we talk a developer into adding a drop down box or a
> > write in field to the filter screen for the start-of-time-window?
>
> I'm not tyring to be crass, but the best way right now is to submit a
> patch with the desired functionality.  I have many other things I'd
> like to work on in my limited time than something that can already be
> done, albeit heavy handedly by creating a new rule.
>
> David

I'm not offended.  I know that I am not paying you.  If things go well
I might eventually submit a patch, but I will probably ask a lot of
stupid questions before that happens.

--
testing
bP