[mythtv-users] Intet NUC as frontend?

Martin Compton martinc at itrans.com
Thu Nov 7 03:41:16 UTC 2013

On 11/06/2013 08:55 PM, jedi wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 07:35:31PM -0500, Mike's JdJ wrote:
>>
>> On 11/06/2013 09:16 AM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> [deletia]
>
>> I am using an Intel DC3217IYR NUC as a Front End and I like to watch
>> at Time Stretch of up to 2X.  No problem (Mythbuntu 32 bit with 4
>> gigabytes RAM).
>>
>> Note that only one HDMI port carries audio and the video is very
>> fussy (DRM?) about what it will deliver to.  It refuses to talk to
>> my Olevia TVs.  My LG TV (LM 6700) has to be On and the HDMI port
>> selected before I boot the Intel DC3217IYR, otherwise it hangs.
>      That all seems rather surprising. I would have expected that the
> total lack of ANY DRM in anything in an entire MythTV setup would tend
> to make these kinds of problems not a problem. Very disappointing.
It has to do with the HDMI license requirement to support HDCP (DRM).  I
think there was some discussion here a while back about HDMI/HDCP.

I've got an older flatscreen without HDCP and a fairly new bluray device
won't talk to the TV via HDMI, but has no problem with composite or an
HDMI to VGA adapter.  Argh!