[mythtv-users] Intet NUC as frontend?

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 01:59:09 UTC 2013

On 11/6/13 8:26 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Mike's JdJ <stepsisters at comcast.net
> <mailto:stepsisters at comcast.net>> wrote:
>

>     On 11/06/2013 09:16 AM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:

>     I am using an Intel DC3217IYR NUC as a Front End and I like to
>     watch at Time Stretch of up to 2X.  No problem (Mythbuntu 32 bit
>     with 4 gigabytes RAM).
>
>     Note that only one HDMI port carries audio and the video is very
>     fussy (DRM?) about what it will deliver to.  It refuses to talk to
>     my Olevia TVs.  My LG TV (LM 6700) has to be On and the HDMI port
>     selected before I boot the Intel DC3217IYR, otherwise it hangs.
>
>     I was going to buy three of the NUCs, but only using one because
>     of these problems.

> Have you checked out the GigaByte Brix?
>
> http://www.gigabyte.us/products/list.aspx?s=47&ck=104
>
> This is what I am considering for other frontends.
>
> --
> My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>

Boy, does that manufacturer's site stink.
As does many others.  :/

List models, copy and paste generalities and zero specifics.
Chase a potential customer away, due to product advertisement by
labyrinthine methods.
One ponders learning how said site managers hired their webmaster/PR
type. Just to avoid hiring such incompetents.

Sorry, venting frustration. Looked like a nice unit, but the page
stinks, as so many other vendor sites stink for product specifics and
differences between multiple models of the product line.
There are times I honestly think that these companies say, "No! We do
not WANT money! We want (the method or other effort) to suck, to chase
away those pesky customers!
The rest of the time, I think, "Hire the incompetent, they work
cheaper".   :/