[mythtv-users] Anyone have binary RPMs for 0.27 build for Fedora?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Nov 6 16:32:48 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 06 Nov 2013 10:05:08 Richard Shaw wrote:
> Ok, looks like it's not my fault. I went back through the spec file and saw
> the same thing, the vers_string was set correctly...

If you're using an exported copy of the source but then applying patches on
top of that you need to remove the EXPORTED_VERSION file.

When I added that I didn't anticipate that packagers would thwart me by
downloading the tarball for the 0.27 tag then diffing that against 0.27-fixes, to
create a patch which then gets applied to the 0.27 source.

I didn't expect something so fiendishly complicated, I just naively assumed
they'd just use the 0.27-fixes tarball* from github  instead in which case
EXPORTED_VERSION would have contained the correct version information and
everything would have magically worked.

* https://codeload.github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tar.gz/fixes/0.27
--
Stuart Morgan