[mythtv-users] Alternatives to lossless transcode

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Tue Nov 5 12:00:51 UTC 2013

On 11/05/13 06:43, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> Until this does get merged is anyone able to provide a mythtranscode
> binary for 0.27 (mythbuntu 12.04.1 x86_64, I'm not currently setup to
> build my own :(
This doesn't help you, but if you're running Gentoo, just put any
patches you want in /etc/portage/patches/media-tv/mythtv/, re-emerge
mythtv, and you're all set.  (I had to tweak the patch to include the
directory names, and I changed the filename to end in .patch.)

That's probably the best feature of Gentoo that I've found.