[mythtv-users] Alternatives to lossless transcode

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 1 17:16:21 UTC 2013

On 11/01/2013 12:01 PM, John Finlay wrote:
> For anyone who has had a problem with 0.26 and 0.27 lossles mpeg2
> mythtranscode I think I figured out the problem and added a patch to
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11213 that should fix the problem.

Nice.  (Especially how you tracked down the relevant change, which will
make the patch/report much easier to review.)

And while people wait for the fix, they (in the US) might want to look at:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149396

specifically a 3TB Toshiba 7200RPM retail kit for $99.99.  (Even better
price per gigabyte than the 2TB HDDs that sold for $69.99 before the
flood.  And, FWIW, this is the 2nd time I've seen this price on a 3TB.)
IMHO, still /much/ easier than spending my time editing recordings (to
place and/or verify cuts) and my computer's time (and electricity)
cutting recordings that will just be deleted after I watch them,
anyway.  But even for those who continue to cut, it may be useful to
have additional storage.

Mike