[mythtv-users] Intel NUC i3 as a frontend?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Fri May 31 21:25:09 UTC 2013

2013/5/31 Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>:
> On 5/31/2013 4:10 PM, Kenni Lund wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure about the limited audio capabilities you mention, is this
>>> the
>>> fact that it cannot output multi-channel PCM? There is a setting in the
>>> frontend somewhere to always re-encode to dolby. This is how I use multi
>>> channel audio.
>>
>> No, I was simply talking about the lack of physical connections:)  I
>> would have prefered if it was possible to connect the frontend
>> directly to my DAC or my amplifier.
>

> You could always connect to your A/V receiver using HDMI, and let that just
> repeat the video signal to your TV.

Yes, but I don't have any equipment with HDMI-connectors, besides the
TV (and the frontend at the other end of the wire). I don't think I
have ever seen a dedicated DAC with HDMI input/passthrough - they
probably exists, I've just never come across them or had a need to
look for them.

I only think I've seen HDMI-connectors on integrated surround
receivers (..which are not allowed anywhere near my living room audio
set up ;)).

Best regards
Kenni