[mythtv-users] Poll took an unusually long time

Henk D. Schoneveld belcampo at zonnet.nl
Fri May 31 08:12:05 UTC 2013


On May 30, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Thomas Börkel <thomas at boerkel.de> wrote:

> HI!
> 
> On 30.05.2013 09:41, Henk D. Schoneveld wrote:
> 
>> Which kernel did you use when you were using 0.23 and everything was Ok ?
> 
> I think 3.5. But IIRC correctly, I also had the problem with kernel 3.5
> and Myth 0.26.
Does top tell anything about CPU-load or IO-wait when this is happening ? 
I did have something like what you are experiencing when kswapd was stalling the system.
> 
> In the meantime, I looked at DeviceReadBuffer.cpp and I see that there
> is a timeout of 2500ms for polling the DVB card.
> 
> Then it should either give up or try again, depending on the return code
> of the driver.
> 
> But that does not happen. Also, I am using log level general but don't
> see any of the other "Poll" related log messages that this method writes
> in case of poll timeouts. I only see the one from the subject of this
> thread.
> 
> Looks to me like poll() does not respect the given timeout.
> 
> Regards,
> Thomas
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list