[mythtv-users] Lowest power HD frontend?

Jeff Siddall news at siddall.name
Thu May 30 03:14:35 UTC 2013

On 05/29/2013 04:29 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Jeff Siddall <news at siddall.name> wrote:
>> OK, but do you mean awful compared to an Atom 330?  I sure hope not!
>
> It likely would be worse than an Atom if you did not put (at least)
> some sort of heatsink on it.  I believe, if you want to do the
> engineering and math, Intel has all the details in their thermal
> design spec sheets to figure it all out, and if you sign an NDA,
> you can get even more details for some custom solution.

Just to be clear, I wasn't considering running the CPU heatsink-less,
just fanless.  Kinda like this:

http://www.carputer-world.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Zotac-ION-ITX-D-E-440.jpg

:)

> The "ideal" small, fan less, low power, capable of deinterlacing
> 1080i in 60Hz countries device does not currently ship.  You
> will have to choose which you are willing to compromise on,
> and which are "must haves".

Well... but my assessment the IONITX qualifies as "small, fanless, low
power and capable of deinterlacing 1080i in 60 Hz countries", but I was
hoping something more ideal had come out in the past few years.