[mythtv-users] Shortcuts ro menu items

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sun May 26 20:55:20 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Saul A. Peebsen <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to call directly Video > Adjust Fill > H. Fill and Off
> functions. Toggling thorough all options with W is a little bit
> clumsy. What's the easiest way to achieve this?
>
> You are looking for a way to inject the TOGGLEFILL0 ("Off") and
TOGGLEFILL5 ("H.Fill") events during playback.  If you feel like making
local modifications and building from source, you could look for this line
in tv_play.cpp:
    REG_KEY("TV Playback", "TOGGLEFILL", QT_TRANSLATE_NOOP("MythControls",
            "Next Preconfigured Zoom mode"), "W");
and add something similar for TOGGLEFILL0 and TOGGLEFILL5.

If you're running Master, there is a new feature in progress (
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11533) that lets you customize the OSD
Playback menu, and you might use that to bring the action higher up in the
menu hierarchy (but it won't help you with a key binding).

Jim