[mythtv-users] 0.24 to 0.25 upgrade - lost audio in on recording

Dave Matthews n36078 at gmail.com
Sat May 25 00:07:31 UTC 2013

Thanks for the help on recovering from a blown Ubuntu upgrade.  I ended up
converting MythTV from .24 to .25 and after figuring out a database
permissions issue and some missing firmware the basic system is working
with all of my old recordings and doing OTA recording.

The one remaining problem is that I am not getting audio on my satellite
input.  The video records fine.

System:
Ubuntu 12.04 (was working on 11.something for the last few years)
ATI HDTV Wonder [cx8800] - this thing has been running since 2008.   Video
input is on the s-video port.
Sound card used for audio in from the sat receiver is a SoundBlaster of
some sorts.

I ran the Ubuntu test tools and could hear the audio from the sat receiver
on the ALSA tests so I know that the card is hearing the sat system.

Tuner card setting for audio in is Audio Device ALSA:default:CARD=CA0106.
I also tried ALSA:default with no change.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the audio in problem?

Dave