[mythtv-users] Intel Celeron G1610 2.6GHz LGA

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu May 23 19:59:59 UTC 2013

>  1. Intel GPU decoding will not even come close to NVidia in quality.
>>  Fine for casual watching, but I wouldn't want it in my home theater.
>>

> Intel GPU decoding will not do anything.  Neither your G540, nor the OP's
> proposed G1610, have that feature enabled.

I beg to differ.  Though perhaps I did use an uncommon way of saying it.

My G540 is definitely using it's GPU to decode the video via VA-API.
 Additionally it does some post processing of the decoded video, though no
where near the quality that my Nivida GPU in my family room can.

Now, video ENCODING on the other hand, is not currently available on my
G540... and likely not his G1610... due to limited features in the silicon
I guess.