[mythtv-users] Bad drive on .24 system - what files to save?

Dave Matthews n36078 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 12:45:29 UTC 2013

I lost a drive when I let Ubuntu do a 12.04 upgrade.  This is on a machine
that has been running Myth since 2008 and was running .24.

The new drive will go in this weekend and I will probably just clean
install the OS and Myth.  I am assuming that .25 will install with Ubuntu
(not MythBuntu).  My plan is to copy over the database and recordings
directory if possible.  I would prefer to keep the configuration that I had
and not have to go through the tuner setups again.  I will try to get .24
installed if I can get the packages.

What files / directories should I attempt to recover so that when .25 is
installed it will act as an upgrade and use the old configuration?  Any
suggestions on how to do the install?

Dave