[mythtv-users] Should Videos be considered Recorded?

Frank Feuerbacher fbacher at brisbin.net
Thu May 23 00:49:11 UTC 2013

On 13-05-22 10:38 AM, Karl Dietz wrote:
> You could hack up a script that compares upcoming recordings to some
> list and just add "never record" overrides for each. Put it into a
> cronjob and its fire and forget. Wrap it into a web page and you can
> manually inspect it, click "aye" or "nay" and be sure to not miss
> something.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DVR_Service#GetUpcomingList
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Service#GetVideoList
> Hmm, I don't see a method for disabling less then the complete rule on
> the wiki. Either its not documented, yet, or there is a gap.
>
>> Back to the OP's problem, does anybody has a better solution? I would be
>> interested too.

> As he wants to look at mythweb's movie search and get an indication if
> he already has a movie of the same name in his xbmc library I'd simply
> do that.
> A local hack that just strikes out all upcoming programs if an entry in
> the xbmc library (or mythtv's video table) exists which matches by
> title doesn't sound so hard to come up with.
>
> Regards,
> Karl
>
> PS: The answer heavily depends on the specific use case, so there is no
> one-size-fits-all recipe.

In my case I know the exact movies that I want marked as "already
recorded" (or never record). I have the year, the IMDB #, etc. I even
have the correct poster art (maybe I can select the movie by the poster
art :-)). I'm looking at the wishTV code to see what I can come up with.
To bad there is no IMDB# to programID lookup, but I think with title +
year I can do fairly well.

I'm trying to give my wife and myself a hint that we already have a
movie when we go into MythWeb to schedule the next weeks worth of
recordings. Sometimes we will override this hint because we really like
the movie and we know that the old recording is probably not HD and
otherwise inferior. Most of the time we will elect not to rerecord. We
have around 2,300 movies from TCM that we have recorded over 7 years and
we sometimes forget what we already have.

I am pleasantly surprised at how responsive the list is to this query. I
am very thankful.

Frank