[mythtv-users] Bright House Tampa Bay copyflags?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 22 15:49:35 UTC 2013

On 05/22/2013 11:12 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> Does anyone have any first-hand experience about what copyflags BHTB (North
> county, the service that used to be Vision Cable, rather than South county's
> Paragon Cable) is setting on non-premium and premium SD and HD channels?
>
> I've heard that TW is bad about setting copyonce on channels that don't merit
> it, but we aren't TW anymore.  $300 for a tuner is pricey enough that I'd
> like some ground truth before considering the expenditure.

I don't know for sure, but I've heard Brighthouse is flagging them the
same as TWC.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/529214#529214
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/529314#529314

I am in a Brighthouse region, but I find that I get a lot of good TV OTA
and that buying or renting DVD's or BluRays or Amazon Instant/Netflix
are a much cheaper way to watch the cable-only TV I want to watch.
Granted, this wouldn't work for those who want to watch cable-only
sports stuff, but it works for me.

Mike