[mythtv-users] MythTV status page: Space from LiveTV/deleted won't be freed entirely

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 19 20:50:30 UTC 2013


On 05/19/2013 03:09 AM, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> The MythTV status page in MythWeb (0.26 fixes) says:
>
> Space Used by LiveTV: 3,722 MB
> Space Used by Deleted Recordings: 5,405 MB
>
> Keep days for LiveTV is 1 and for deleted recordings 0.
>
> There are no recordings in the LiveTV or Deleted groups in mythfrontend.
>
> How can I free that space or correct the calculation?

You have some orphaned recordings of a type that's caused by 
hard-killing the backend when the backend is in I/O wait while deleting 
recordings for you (generally caused when you delete a slew of 
recordings at once then do something like power off the system or hammer 
it with kill -KILL or whatever).  Unfortunately, the find_orphans.py 
script that's posted hasn't been updated to fix it, and I haven't put 
the fix into MythTV, yet.  The fix is dangerous, though, so I'll send it 
offline.

Mike


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list